Pages

This is a fun blog.

It is for me to keep in touch with my students and all others who create art and/or enjoy art....any medium.

It is for all of us to include our thoughts, ideas, happenings, and show our artwork. Just e-mail me those ideas and photos and I will post them to this blog. Please do !!! It will make it a group blog.

Enter your e-mail address in the "Follow by Email" to the right, if you would like to get email notification each time something has been posted. If you don't wish to do that...be sure to check back often...as I hope to post very often. You can also add the blog address to your favorites.

To enlarge any photo...just click on it.

(If this is your first time visiting this blog.... scroll down to (or look at the "Blog Archive" section) for the Tuesday, Aug 28th posting which was the first posting with info. These blogs add the newest posting on top).


Enjoy......


Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hi...No more newsletters!!!...I think this blog will be so much fun...especially if there are a lot of contributions from everyone. Please do send in your ideas and photos of your art work. I'll try to post daily...catch the "try"? Let me know what you think of the blog, what you want it to include etc.

Quiz: How many paintings did Leonardo da Vinci create? Watch for the answer.
Readings: Big Art, Small Canvas...by Joyce Washor.
"Gives you guidance you need to succeed at creating small paintings. It features more than 12 step-by-step demos that show you how to paint a variety of still lifes and landscapes...all on canvas measuring 4" or less...." (oil painting).                             

I have heard from some artist students about the Art Challenge.
* Diana..........Chickens.....I love chickens.
* Stephanie....Self Portraits...(both her and her husband). Why not...she has been painting everyone else in her family.
* Karen..........Still life. I know she has painted and drawn it.
* Kathy...........Folds....as she stated as we passed in the Safeway store.
* Byrine..........Still life of her mannequin. She has set up a work station on her card table. Yea.
* Colette.........Flowers. What a great use of the season.
* Me..Joni.......Trees.
* Liz................If she  finds time from her sheep ranch. Did you see the Herald and News front page article about her sheep and the coyotes?

I have been painting trees. I started out thinking I was going to paint 3" x 4" studies...so I cut about 40 from my 9" x 12" watercolor paper. My beginning plan took a turn after about 10 studies and found I would probably pull out my hair. I needed more of a purpose. So the little studies sort of went by the wayside and I have been doing different sizes, lots of mix media, Plein Air and lots of experimenting (hence: "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly"...I'll share). 

I just got back from a 10 day camping trip up by Bend. I have a few paintings to share when I get them photographed. I also have a use for those studies I'll share with you too.

Let me know how you are doing on the challenge and if you would like anything posted.

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I look forward to your updates!
    Thanks!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joni--I like your blog page. Keep it up, it is interesting to read. Thanks--Susan

    ReplyDelete